If you want to study Nursing at Unisa, or at least checkout Unisa nursing courses, then continue reading this Article.
Bachelor of Arts in Nursing Science
|Qualification stream:||Health Services Management, Education and Community Health|
|Qualification code:||0216X – HSM|
|This qualification will be presented via distance learning mode.|
WHO CAN REGISTER FOR UNISA NURSING?
- Applicants may only register once they have received confirmation from Unisa that their application for admission has been accepted. Unisa reserves the right to not process and / or to cancel your registration if it is found that you were incorrectly admitted to a qualification.
- Re-registering students may register for the 2019 academic year once the registration period opens.
- Should you wish to start a new qualification, please apply for the alternative qualification during the next application period.
- All communication sent to you after the initial study package (with the exception of study guides) will be sent electronically to your myLife e-mail account (eg follow-up tutorial letters, examination timetables and results, financial statements). You will no longer receive such communication in printed format.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR MODULES
Each Unisa qualification is structured in such a way that you need to pass a certain number of modules and NQF level credits within a certain amount of time in order to graduate. You must pass a minimum number of credits / modules annually so that you are able to re-register and continue with your qualification:
- At least 36 NQF credits (3 modules of 12 credits each) in your first year of study.
- At least 48 NQF credits (4 modules of 12 credits each) in your second or further years of study.
You may not register for more than the allowed maximum number of credits / modules per semester:
- At least 60 NQF credits (5 modules of 12 credits each) in a semester.
- At least 120 NQF credits (10 modules of 12 credits each) per year for year modules.
The maximum number of credits do not include supplementary and / or aegrotat examinations from a previous semester. Modules taken for non-degree / non-diploma purposes also count towards the maximum number of credits allowed.
You must take your available time into consideration when choosing your modules, as this will impact your academic performance. You need approximately
- 6 to 8 hours per week for semester modules.
- 4 to 6 hours per week for year modules.
Click here for more information on managing your studies.
CURRICULUM FOR THIS QUALIFICATION
As you are deciding on the modules you will be registering for, remember to write down the module names and codes so that you have something that you can refer to when completing your registration.
|Group A. Compulsory|
|CMH2601 – Community Health Practical||Pre-requisite:CMH1501 & CMH1502|
|CMH2602 – Health in Communities||Pre-requisite:CMH1501 & CMH1502|
|COM2603 – Intercultural, Development and Health Communication|
|HMA2601 – Human Resource Management in Health Services||Pre-requisite:HMA1501 & HMA1502|
|HMA2602 – Labour Relations in Health Services||Pre-requisite:HMA1501 & HMA1502|
|HMA2603 – Health Services Management Practical||Co-requisite:HMA2601 & HMA2602|
|HSE2601 – Education Management in Health Sciences||Pre-requisite:HSE1501 & HSE1502|
|HSE2602 – Teaching and Assessment in Health Sciences||Pre-requisite:HSE1501 & HSE1502|
|HSE2603 – Health Sciences Education: Practical||Co-requisite:HSE2601 & HSE2602|
|NUD2601 – Nursing Dynamics|
|PUB2604 – Welfare and Social Services||Pre-requisite:PUB1501 & PUB1601 or PUB1018 & PUB1029 (Not applicable to 0216X, 03425, NDCRS & NDCSM)|
|RSC2601 – Research in Social Sciences|
|Group A. Compulsory|
|CMH3701 – Basic Epidemiology in Health Sciences||Co-requisite:RSC2601 or RSC201H|
|HMA3701 – Financial Management in Health Services||Pre-requisite:HMA2601 & HMA2602|
|HMA3702 – Quality in Health Services Management||Pre-requisite:HMA2601 & HMA2602|
|HMA3703 – Leadership in Health Services Management||Pre-requisite:HMA2601 & HMA2602|
|HMA3704 – Contemporary issues in Health Services Management||Pre-requisite:HMA2601 & HMA2602|
|HSE3701 – Cultural Diverse Education in Health Sciences||Pre-requisite:HSE2601 & HSE2602|
|HSE3702 – Contemporary Trends in Health Sciences Education||Pre-requisite:HSE2601 & HSE2602|
|HSE3703 – Developing Health Science Curricula: Foundations||Pre-requisite:HSE2601 & HSE2602|
|HSE3704 – Developing Health Science Curricula: Principles and Process||Pre-requisite:HSE2601 & HSE2602|
|HSE3705 – The Caring Ethic in Health Sciences||Pre-requisite:HSE2601 & HSE2602|