Every student is required to have the myLife email account since important information is posted on the account. The account is free to open and uses the Microsoft Office 365 platform. When you login to myunisa, you will discover that the account looks like an email account and is easy to understand.
Every registered Unisa student receives a free myLife e-mail account for life. All you have to do is activate it.
Unisa will communicate with you only via your myLife e-mail account. Although they will occasionally send SMSs and letters, these will not be the main channels of communication.
HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR MYLIFE E-MAIL ACCOUNT
1: Go to the myUNISA Student Portal.
2: Click on ‘Claim UNISA Login.’
3: Type in your student number and click ‘Continue.’
4: Fill in the personal information form (Surname, Full names, DOB, South African ID No/ Passport No/ Foreign ID. Enter either ID No or Passport No, not both) and click ‘Continue.’
5: Read through the terms and check the boxes and then click ‘Acknowledge.’
6: You will see a page showing your account details (mylife email address and phone number) and also an initial UNISA password. The password will be for both myUnisa and myLife email account.
Your UNISA email address will be unique for every student, and your UNISA email address will follow the format: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must activate your myUnisa account before you can use your myLife e-mail.
- It may take up to 24 hours for your myLife e-mail account to be created. Once your myLife e-mail account has been created, click on the myLife e-mail button on the homepage of myUnisa. Log in with your full myLife e-mail address and your myUnisa password.
- Your myLife e-mail account is the only e-mail account recognised by Unisa for official correspondence to and from the university.
Accessing your myLife e-mail account
To access your myLife e-mail account, please follow these steps:
- Go to the http://mylife.unisa.ac.za/. The link will redirect you to the Microsoft Office 365 login page.
- Enter your full e-mail address (eg email@example.com)
- Click “Next” and enter your password for your myLife e-mail account.
- Select “Sign in”.
What To Do If Your Password Is Not Working On Mylife or Office 365?
It may be necessary to reset your myUnisa password to synchronise it with your myLife mailbox.
- Login to myUnisa and click on “My Admin”.
- Click on the “Change Password” link.
- Complete the form to update your password. Please note that this new password will be active for both your myUnisa and myLife services.
During peak periods, it may take approximately 30 minutes for the new password to activate on the myLife service. If you are still experiencing problems after resetting your password, please send an e-mail to MyLifeHelp@unisa.ac.za for assistance.