The Motsepe Foundation believes that education is the key to a better tomorrow. The foundation builds an initiative to invest in the future of rural and urban communities and committed more than 1800 bursaries over the past 5 years to the students who come from poor families throughout South Africa.
The Foundation’s main objective is to improve the living standards of those living in poverty, as well as the unemployed and marginalised within the country. This will be done by various projects and initiatives that will help beneficiaries to become independent and self-sustaining.
Patrice Motsepe foundation was started in 1999 by Mr Patrice Motsepe and Dr Precious Moloi-Motsepe who were the first in Africa to join Melinda and Bill Gate’s Giving Pledge in 2013.
FIELDS COVERED BY MOTSEPE FOUNDATION BURSARY
The Motsepe Foundation will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Medical Studies
- Business Studies
Applicants Must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Must be a South African citizen
- You must have achieved a min 70% average in Matric (excluding Life Orientation)
- You need to be studying or intending to study in one of the aforementioned study fields.
- You must be studying or planning on studying at approved institutions including University of Johannesburg/ University of Pretoria/ University of the Witwatersrand/ University of Cape Town/University of KwaZulu Natal/ Tshwane University of Technology and Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
- Must showcase excellent academic results
- You must be proven financially needy
- You must intend on using your education and skills for community uplifting
HOW TO APPLY FOR MOTSEPE FOUNDATION BURSARY
- Download the Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application Form 2020 (pdf).
- Fill the application forms completely and submit them alongside the required documents shown below. Make sure to provide all the documents or risk being disqualified.
- Send your completed application form and required documents through email at: email@example.com
Note: Use Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application and your full name as the subject of the email that you send.
This is a list of all the documents you must submit together with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ employment letter/ SASSA grant letter/ affidavit for informal traders/ death certificate if deceased etc – more detail can be found on the application form)
- Certified affidavit (to support proof of income for self-employed parents/ guardians to be attached to proof of income)
- Confirmation letter from Department of Social Services (this should be signed and stamped) – Pensioners, child support, orphans grant.
THE CLOSING DATE
September 15, 2019
This is the Official Closing Date for 2020 applications. It Opened on August 1, 2019. Apply Now!
CONTACT MOTSEPE FOUNDATION BURSARY
Complete application forms and required documents must be submitted via
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Motsepe Foundation
Post: P.O.Box 782058, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa
Tel: 011 324 1500