Bowmans is a Pan-African law firm with six offices in four African countries and more than 400 lawyers. The firm provides specialist legal services, both domestic and international, in the fields of corporate law, banking and finance law and dispute resolution. Its clients include corporates, multinationals and state-owned enterprises within various industry sectors, financial institutions and governments.
BOWMANS BURSARY – WHAT DOES IT COVER?
The Bowmans bursary will be awarded to students within the Law faculty, studying towards one of the following degree qualifications:
- LLB, BCom Law , BA Law
This is a full cost bursary, which will cover all study related expenses.
Applicants are selected based on academic merit and proven financial need. Applications for the succeeding academic year starts in the month of August every year.
As additional qualifications, applicants should possess a high level of academic achievement and commercial awareness as well as a passion for the law. This is in line with the firm’s objective of maintaining excellence and high-quality service delivery.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Be a South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards one of the aforementioned Law degree qualifications
- Studying or registered to study at a recognised university in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for current year of study
- Excellent academic performance
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BOWMANS BURSARY 2020
You can apply online at: https://leap.ly/campaign/bowmanslaw
Apply by submitting your application and required documents by email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words in the Subject line:
“Bursary Application: Type_Your_Name_Here” eg. Tom Green)
There is no manual application. Everything must be done online as shown above respectively. Leaply will send you a confirmation receipt of your application.
Submit clear copies of the following documents alongside your email/online application:
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy) AND latest academic record/ university transcripts (on tertiary letterhead) — if you completed Matric already
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results — if currently doing your Matric
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
THE CLOSING DATE
October 31, 2019
This is the Official Closing Date for 2020 applications. (Any application submitted after this date will not be accepted)
HOW TO CONTACT BOWMANS BURSARY
Please contact Bowmans bursary directly for any queries:
Tel: 021 480 7800